Who does not want a bright, white, radiant smile that lightens up the whole face? Dental surveys show that 80% of people would like to have whiter teeth. Today, the answer is Teeth Whitening through a simple and safe procedure called Dental Bleaching. Bleaching lightens and brightens teeth and is tough on stains but gentle on your teeth. Dark stained or discoloured teeth can be a source of great embarrassment to many. It can often prevent you from smiling widely or even talking confidently. Today you no longer need to accept this aesthetic barrier. You can opt for a highly popular and successful treatment to whiten your teeth.
- What causes Tooth Discoloration?
- Teeth can discolour due to a variety of reasons.
- The commonest discoloration is due to smoking or tobacco.
- Food and beverages such as tea, coffee, colas and red wine can be the culprit.
- Age can cause a natural darkening of teeth.
- Certain medications such as tetracycline, taken at a very young age.
- Increased exposure to flouridated water.
- Dental infection, faulty or old fillings and dental treatment such as a root canal treatment.
- What is Dental Bleaching?
Dental Bleaching is a procedure where by certain bleaching agents are applied to the teeth in order to remove external and internal stains thus leaving the teeth several shades lighter. Various concentrations of hydrogen peroxide and carbamide peroxide are available for this use.
- Advantages of Dental Bleaching
This mode of treatment has solely been developed to lighten teeth in a simple and comfortable manner. It can bring about a dramatic change in almost everyone’s smile by changing a dull smile and yellow teeth to a bright smile with white teeth.
- Bleaching of healthy teeth is the safest and most conservative cosmetic treatment available for your teeth today.
- It generally requires no grinding of your teeth.
- It does not require any anaesthesia and is painless and well tolerated.
- The time taken for bleaching is relatively less considering the number of teeth that can be done at one sitting.
- Bleaching works very well even when combined with other cosmetic treatment options to enhance the aesthetics of your teeth.
- The cost of bleaching is less when compared to other full mouth cosmetic treatment options.
- Bleaching does not damage your teeth or change the structure of your teeth, nor does it change the shape or form of your teeth.